from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit|
Make your favorite old t-shirt into a comfy pillow - it's a great way to recycle a beloved tee that would otherwise be tossed away.
- Wash the t-shirt.
- Turn the t-shirt inside out.
- Sew up the bottom. At the base of the t-shirt, machine stitch or hand stitch the entire length closed.
- Sew up the sleeves. Completely sew together the sleeve holes.
- Turn shirt outside in (how the shirt came).
- Leave the neck open for stuffing. Put stuffing into the t-shirt. Push the stuffing into every corner of the t-shirt, making sure you get it right in the sleeves.
- Sew up the neck. You can add a zipper if you know how. Another decorative way to close the neck area is to use buttons and loops - it is very effective to look at and easy to use if you want to remove the stuffing for washing.
- Plump the resulting pillow to make sure all the stuffing redistributes evenly.
- Buy lots of stuffing depending on what size the shirt is
- Add buttons, patches, felt letters, beads, or embroidery to add your own special touch.
- If you want to try something different, use a small shirt. (a kids/baby shirt) It will be small,cute and there isn't alot of sewing involved.
- If you want the design on the shirt (if their is one) to be centered, cut of the sides and stuff so it's sqaure. There is more sewing if you do this.
- Make sure it's not a t-shirt you still want to wear.
- When sewing the sleeves and bottom of the shirt, make sure there are no gaps or holes and it is sewn properly.
Things You'll Need
- Stuffing (type suitable for stuffing toys, cushions, pillows etc. You might even like to try recycling old rags for stuffing)
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make a Shirt Pillow. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.